Find A Bargain
Northern Europe Cruises
The Northern Europe cruise region stretches from the British Isles through
Scandinavia, and all the way to St. Petersburg, Russia. Northern Europe
cruises are also referred to as Baltic cruises and Scandinavia cruises. Amazing
historical and cultural sites await passengers, and shore excursions typically
visit museums, palaces, castles and cathedrals.
The Northern Europe cruise season is very short due to the cooler climate,
with fewer ships sailing here. The regular per-diem rate is high compared to
most other regions of the world, though we are frequently able to obtain excellent
discounts for our customers on Northern Europe cruises.
- The Northern Europe cruise season lasts from May through August.
- Northern Europe cruises, also known as Baltic cruises and Scandinavia cruises,
are typically 7 to 14 nights.
- A few ships sail itineraries that concentrate entirely on the British Isles
or the Norwegian Fjords.
- In contrast to the Caribbean and Mexico, shoppers on Northern Europe cruises
will find that items in stores can be pricey. Hand-knit sweaters, fine crystal,
antiques, silver and porcelain are among items that passengers seek in these ports.
- On Northern Europe cruises, you'll experience long hours of daylight.
- If you need to fly a very long distance to reach your port of departure,
we suggest that you arrive at the port city at least one or two days in
advance of your Northern Europe cruise. This will give you time to rest
and get oriented before boarding the ship. Most cruise lines offer
pre-cruise hotel packages.
For a list of Northern Europe cruise ports,
Speak to a Silversea
Mon-Fri 5:30am to 1am, Sat 7am to 10pm, Sun 8am to 10pm, CDT